Did you know that the United States has the highest rate of sexual assaults of any industrialized country? Did you also know that:
- In Texas, 1 in 5 women has been the victim of a sexual assault.
- In Austin, two people are either raped or sexually assaulted each day.
- Most victims of sexual assault knew their attackers.
- 60% of rapes and sexual assaults are never reported to the police.
- More than 80% of women surveyed said they feared rape and/or death more than anything else.
As sobering as these statistics are, the good news is that you need not become a "statistic" yourself.
Sexual predators, like most predators, look for easy victims. They seek prey that, in their minds, is unlikely to put up a fight.
With a little training and preparedness, not only is it possible to avoid becoming a victim; you can learn to defend yourself effectively should the need arise.
Empowerment Through Preparedness
Perhaps you're thinking "I'm not an aggressive person," or "I'm not in good enough shape," or even "I would freeze up if someone attacked me." While most people would initially identify with those statements, they often view themselves differently after experiencing a SwiftDefense® course. By examining a number of potential self-defense scenarios, and learning how to handle them, our students gain a profound sense of empowerment through preparedness. They no longer fear the unknown, instead they learn how to prepare for it and face it confidently. You can do this as well.
SwiftDefense® Course Participant
What Will I Learn in this Course? What does the course teach?
- Cutting Edge Self-Defense: The physical techniques employed in SwiftDefense® focus on simplicity, leverage, and proper body-mechanics. They can be applied by anyone regardless of size, strength, gender, or level of athleticism.
- Proper Body Language: Limiting your chances of becoming a victim can be as easy as making subtle changes in your body language. Predators prey on the weak, and we teach you how to appear less vulnerable.
- Dealing with the Adrenaline Rush: Adrenaline fuels the “fight or flight” reflex in both humans and animals. Its effects can include tunnel vision, auditory exclusion (muted ability to hear), rapid heartbeat, and physically preparing the body to escape more quickly. Whether you are using empty-hands, pepper spray, or even a firearm, you will be unable to defend yourself if you freeze up. With SwiftDefense® you will learn how to use adrenaline to your advantage.
- Scenario-Based Training: This mode of training is crucial to learning to deal with the adrenaline rush and to apply your techniques under stressful situations.
- Dealing with Fear: Experienced martial artists, military personnel, and people in law enforcement will tell you that feeling fear in a dangerous situation is natural. It is learning how to deal with that fear that makes the difference. Our SwiftDefense® course gives you the tools to manage fear and make it work for you.
SwiftDefense® Course Participant
Your Next Step
Perhaps you are juggling a busy schedule, career, home, and family. Taking a long-term martial arts course just wouldn't work. No problem, SwiftDefense® is for you! Our short-term, easy-to-learn self-defense courses range from 4 to 8 weeks in duration and require only 1 hour per week.
For more information on scheduling and pricing, call us at (512) 961-1886.